Do your marketing goals wake you up in the middle of the night? Me, too! But probably in a completely different way – because I wake up with ideas! I come up with them in a lot of other places too
- In the gym? Yep! Those endorphins are the best catalyst for good ideas!
- Driving down the road? You bet! The best ideas are sometimes stolen from good things I see along the way.
- During the morning shower? And how! I think it is because I haven’t found a reasonable way to take notes.
Here’s what you can expect if you choose to work with me
Initial Consult (the freebie!) will be informal and definitely no pressure. It will be a chance for you to share with me the good, the bad, the ugly of your marketing, advertising and web site efforts to date. I’ll share with you some initial feedback on the spot. I’ll try to help explain some of the things that may be missing from your plan – and how we can put a little oomph behind the good things to make them work even better.
Introductory Proposal Phase If you like what you hear, we’ll move on to an introductory consult to truly define the project. Think of this as being similar to a formal proposal – and it’ll probably be the most formal conversation we’ll have*. I’ll present you with a 30-60-90 Day Marketing Plan. This marketing plan can be something you can take and execute on your own if you like or I can work some or all of the execution for you.
* If you want I’ll wear a suit and bring a Power Point presentation.
Have a disappointing direct mail campaign? Is your marketing data just not getting the job done? Search engine reports foreign to you? I’ll do an end-to-end review of your past activity, along with any results you have. I’ll review all of it and put together a couple of customized remedies that won’t mean you lose everything you’ve already invested.
Although every case will be slightly different, the 30-60-90 day project will generally cover the following:
- 30-day Market and Product Research Phase Market research sounds overwhelming but a few hours of compiling some data will give us a solid foundation on which to build the plan. This will look at what products you offer (or want to offer), what types of competitive or alternative products are in the same advertising, direct mail and online space you are.
- 60-day Messaging and Outreach Implementation Phase This is the “rubber meets the road” phase! At the 30-day mark, I’ll present you with a formal plan that covers the next 30 days. Here we’ll revise web sites, check SEO, conduct a new direct mail campaign all within your approved budget and time constraints.
- 90-day Measure and Refine Phase At the end of the implementation phase I will present you with a full report on the activity. We’ll look at what worked, what didn’t, what can be kept and what needs to be tweaked. There will be actionable items included that again can be used by you or your marketing team or that feeds into a repeating marketing cycle with me.